Friday 1 February 2013

Final progress review blog

How does your A2 blog compare with your AS in terms of detail and use of ICT?

In my AS year of media, my blog was very short and lacked variety. The use of ICT was very minimal and not very detailed. The beginning of this course was quite difficult for me because I hadn't put in as much effort and detail into each individual post. However, bearing that in mind, I believe I had excelled tremendously in the amount of work I've produced, along with the ICT I have used and my frequent blogging.

How effectively does the blog show all aspects of research, planning and production of your Advanced Portfolio?

The research stages of my blog began with very minimal and simple posts, but grew to become longer and more detailed analytical posts. I'm very happy with the research stages of my blog because I feel I have documented and blogged about everything necessary. The planning aspects of the blog also I feel are very rich in detail. The production aspects however, became less detailed and I noticed I was blogging less frequently. This was because I spent all of my time actually doing hands on work like filming or editing, and didn't think to blog about them and how I felt about them. On the other hand, I've blogged about the editing process as well as the filming days etc so I don't think I've missed any important things out.

Where are the gaps in your blogging work?

The gaps in my work are mostly in the production aspect of the blog because I was so busy editing and didn't focus on the blog as much. Other gaps in my work would be closer to the time of actually beginning to work on the video, instead of just researching.

How many individual blogging entries did you produce?

Approximately 80.

What would you change given another opportunity?

I would work harder and take more time on the ancillary side of the project. I would also focus more on the blog by posting everything we did instead of posting the things I thought were necessary. I would also spend more time on each individual post and think of the different ICT I could have used instead, and apply them.

No comments:

Post a Comment