Friday 1 February 2013

Evaluation: Question 4

As I posted earlier, it had been a day of nervous excitement for me on the day the video was shown in the cinema. But I was relieved to hear a lot of cheers and applause for Marcus Green's Too Close.  I have recorded some audience feedback for our video of 'Too Close.'

Anil


Benny


Zubeir


Amber & Alex


Natalie


Zak






These reactions are generally very positive and I'm pleased that our video was received positively by members of our potential target audience.The audience saw Marcus Green as someone they could relate to in his situation and his costumes were also similar to what the target audience wear. Most people commented on the locations and the lighting in relation to the genre and mood of the song, which delights me as it means that we have achieved something by having similar locations to real videos in this genre. I've learned that location and timing is key because if this video was shots in a big field of grass in the afternoon, it wouldn't make any sense because there would be no links with the emotions of the song. even if it was shot at Ezra Street, but in the daytime, it would still lack the 'it' factor. Shooting in the night gave us an advantage because it allowed us to manipulate camera angles better and portray the location as even more secluded and lonely than it is. However, I would change 1 thing if I could make this video again. I think we ended up using too many mid shots in the video. As MG is a new artist, we should've employed more close ups and different angles to promote him through the video.








No comments:

Post a Comment