Sunday 11 November 2012

Editing- effects and transitions

Since we were going to use Final Cut Pro to edit our music video, I decided to recap on the skills I'd learnt last year when making the thriller opening. I made sure I knew how to use the slow motion effects etc. because I knew we were going to use this in our video.


Here, you change the percentage of the rate of the footage. The higher the number, the faster the clip would be, the lower the number, the slower. We also learnt that choosing 'reverse' in the box would reverse the entire chosen clip, we used this effect in our final opening.

We knew we might use several effects in our video, so I decided to recap on how to apply them also. I sort of re-learnt how to edit our videos and add transitions. For example, adding dissolves (fade in/fade out or both).
Adding different effects on our footage on Final Cut Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment